Welcome to the Rogersville City School District Web-site
Rogersville City School was established as the Odd Fellows Female College in 1849. It became the Synodical College in 1892 and was purchased by the Town of Rogersville in 1919. In 1923 the old building was torn down and a new larger building erected. It became the Elementary and High School until fire destroyed it in 1928. It was again rebuilt in 1929 and is still operating today with new additions being added in 1955,1970, and 2000. The front lawn was graced by English boxwoods that originally came from slips brought from England by the wife of John Young of Carter's Valley.